Never to early to start looking for interns for next season. Although all applications need to go through the education department, please feel free to email me directly if you have any questions: email@example.com
Season is TBA right now.
Stage management interns work closely with Equity and non-Equity stage managers, assisting in all aspects of stage management, from pre-production preparation into rehearsal and through the run of the show as part of the running crew. Interns may have the opportunity to stage manage special events and are eligible to receive EMC points.
SM interns also stage manage our Rediscovery series, a stage reading with AEA Company Members.
Housing + Stipend Available
Internships start roughly July 5, 2010 and continue thru June or July, 2011
516 8th St. SE
Washington, DC 20003
Education Hotline: 202.547.5688
Link for more information: http://www.shakespearetheatre.org/education/training/internships/apply.aspx
ALL OTHER INTERNSHIPS AND NON-ACTING FELLOWSHIPS
* Candidates should submit: a current resume, three references and a cover letter that indicates the specific internship they are applying for, dates of availability and responses to the following questions:
o Why are you interested in an internship at this time? Why have you chosen the Shakespeare Theatre Company?
o What qualities, skills and interests make you the best candidate for this internship?
o What are your career goals? How does an internship at the Shakespeare Theatre Company help you to achieve them?
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS REQUIRED:
* Intern/fellow candidates for Theatre Management, Artistic, Development, Education, Directing and PR/Marketing should include a 3-5 page writing sample or excerpt. Writing samples can be academic in nature, formal critiques, essays, press releases, grant evaluations/proposals, original lesson plans/curriculum or director’s notes. Candidates should avoid submitting creative writing samples such as script excerpts or poetry.
* Intern candidates for Production Management, Sound, Electrics, Stage Properties, Stage Management, Technical Direction and Graphic Design should include portfolio samples (in place of a writing sample). These samples can include attachments to photos/files or links to online portfolios. Candidates should avoid submitting originals or large, hard-copy portfolio items.
* Apprenticeship candidates should make sure to indicate that the application is being submitted for consideration for an Apprenticeship and indicate the specific department (as there is no general apprenticeship). Additionally, apprenticeship candidates should note the span of time s/he is available for.
* Summer internship candidates should make sure to indicate that the application is being submitted for consideration for a Summer Education Internship.
Send completed application via email to: STCinterns@shakespearetheatre.org
Or via postal service to 2010-2011 Internships and Fellowships
Shakespeare Theatre Company
516 Eighth Street SE
Washington, DC 20003
Or via fax to: 202.547.0226
Due to the high volume of applications, please do not call or email as the education department will not be able to return phone calls and emails in a timely manner. All candidates will receive email verification of receipt (please allow 1-2 weeks for processing).